I am continually amazed by the Lord’s goodness. He continues to do “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think”. It has been almost a year since we moved into our current location and when I look back over the year, I can only smile and say, “Amazing!” For several years prior to our move, we had been sub-leasing. We were blessed with the relationship of the Christian school that allowed us to sub-lease from them, but we came to realize over time that there is nothing like having our own facility. So, we prayed for the Lord to present a place for us and a community that we could positively impact. He chose Pasadena, Maryland.
Since moving to Pasadena, Maryland in our own facility, we have seen the Lord work in exceptional ways. Although we lost some people in the move, He brought new families and new relationships. Whenever we had a need, the Lord met that need. I firmly believe the Bible verse that says, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:9).
For you to grasp how good He has been, here is a partial list of what He has allowed us to accomplish in our first year:
· Move to our own fully-furnished facility
· Conduct our Thursday night services which we call “Life Classes”. We had wanted to have the ability to meet during the week and the Lord provided it
· Partner with Freetown Elementary School in September 2018 to provide school supplies to children in need
· Conduct our first of many baptism services in the new facility
· Conduct New Members classes in our new facility
· Conduct our first Deaconess ordination service
· Form our first dance team
· Feed over 70 families for Thanksgiving
· Help the homeless with food and shelter
· Adorn our facility with Christmas decorations (this was a big source of joy for the congregation)
· Hold our first New Year’s Eve service with a recording artist from California
· Form our Men’s choir
· Hold our first Women’s Brunch
· Continue our podcasts
· Take a church/community trip to Sight and Sound
· Enlarge Virtual Prayer
This is a partial list, but you can see how the Lord has truly blessed and empowered us. One of our main goals in the second year will be to increase our outreach efforts in Pasadena and Glen Burnie. This is very important as we live by the motto, “This is the place where God Is, Truth flows and families are strengthened!” We could also use your help in making this a reality. If you are ready and willing to “roll up your sleeves”, connect with us.
Until we see you again, celebrate with us. Join us in thanking the Lord for His faithfulness to us. For He is good!